The Lock Box Heirloom Seed Bank (4 Adults)
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for four, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. However, couples who are looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase the Safe Seed Bank. The larger bank will provide a greater cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Lock Box comes with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart and a free copy of The Vegetable Gardener's Bible. This book provides detailed instructions on how to cultivate each variety in your bank (light, water and soil requirements; when and how to plant, etc.). The other books offered on our website are also strongly recommended for those wishing to maximize their harvest and pursue a lifestyle of true self-sustainability.
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated Heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are fresh and have a lab-certified germination rate in excess of the USDA requirements for that particular variety
- Available for Southern and Northern Zones
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
- Includes a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
- 70+ Varieties Included - Seed Bank Contents List
- Well over 25,000 Seeds (4+ lbs)
- Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 4 Adult Units
- Includes The Vegetable Gardener's Bible
Seed Variety List
Click here to see a list of varieties you may expect to find in your seed bank.
All seed banks come with a 5 Year Guarantee
Because we only sell USDA certified seed, Texas Ready seed banks is the only seed bank company offering a full Five Year Guarantee on the quality of their seed stock.
Any variety included in your bank that doesn't meet or exceed the USDA germination standards for that breed (within five years from the date of purchase) will be replaced at no charge. Seeds must be sown according to the standard requirements for that breed; if we don't have the exact variety in stock, your seeds will be replaced with a similar variety.
AVAILABILITY UPDATE: USA SHIPMENTS AVAILABLE ONLY In stock, ships within 24 hours.
Be sure to specify whether you wish to purchase a Northern Bank (Zones 3-6) or a Southern Bank (Zones 7-12). If you are unsure which growing zone you are in click the image above to view the USDA Growing Zone Chart.