THE BACKYARD HERBALIST: Culinary Herbs & Spices Reference Manual
A PERSONAL NOTE: This is my wife's fourth book on herbs. These 20 common kitchen herbs and spices are her "go to" herbs for every day meals and medicine. 210 pages of good, solid, useful information not found in other publications plus great photographs to help you with proper identification. If you've ever wanted to learn about culinary herbs and spices in a straight forward manner, this is the book for you.
- Aches and pains
- Bed wetting
- Broken bones
- Cuts and scrapes
- Colds and flu
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Ear infections
- Insect bites and stings
- And more
- Full Color Photographs of Each Herb: Helping you identify the correct plant in the wild.
- Description of Primary and Secondary Medicinal Actions: Each herb's most popular uses.
- Additional Health Benefits: Less common but highly beneficial uses for each herb.
- Warnings: Cautions about drug interactions and tips on when to avoid each herb.
- Culinary and Nutritional Value: Using these herbs in your meals to increase your health.
- Growing Tips: How to cultivate the freshest and most potent plant medicines.
- Recipes: How to use herbs in everyday meals as well as for making herbal remedies.
- Essential Herbal Remedy Instructions: Basic instructions for the most effective remedies to make for each herb.
- Herbal Quick Reference Guide: A handy list of each herb with its medicinal actions and health benefits.
- Ailments Quick Reference Guide: A handy list of each ailment found in the resource manual and the herbs that can help.